At Shafer Orthodontics, our mission is to offer high-quality orthodontic care to our valued patients. Even though we’re all adjusting to a new normal way of doing business, our orthodontist in Champaign and Mahomet, IL is looking forward to seeing you back in our offices starting on May 18!
We can also offer you the same level of personalized care you’re accustomed to through a virtual consultation in the comfort of your home if that is your preference.
Your Safety & Health Are Covered
Because your happy, healthy smile is our top priority, we’ve been working on ways to help you achieve your best smile with an enhanced focus on your safety and health. When we see you in our offices again, we want you to know that we’ve taken multiple steps to ensure your well-being and comfort.
At your next visit to our orthodontic offices, you can look forward to the following:
- Reduced number of patients being seen
- Virtual Consultations Available – We are using dental monitoring – a virtual tool using your phone & a scan box. It utilizes artificial intelligence to let us know if your brackets are loose, how your oral hygiene is doing & when your wires are ready to be changed. For aligners, it tells us whether attachments are off & if the aligner is fitting properly & able to move on to the next one. This will minimize patient appointments in the office as well as increase efficiency in your treatment
- Beyond our routine cleaning & sterilizing of chairs, equipment & instruments, we will be wiping down surfaces multiple times a day
- Dental assistants will be masked & gowned
- Our doors are locked & there is no waiting in the reception area
We also have a list of steps we would like for you to follow. Check them out below!
IT’S MY APPOINTMENT TIME – What Do I Do?
SIGN – VIA Docusign, you will sign the below documents, which will be emailed to you prior to your appointment. They must be signed & returned before we see you in our offices
- COVID informed consent to treat form
- COVID symptoms screening
BRUSH & FLOSS – Do this at home. Our tooth brushing station is closed
MASK – Please wear a mask to your appointment
- When you arrive, text firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have arrived
- Only the patient is allowed in the office, parents are asked to wait in the vehicle
- New exam patients may bring one parent with them. This person must also sign the COVID symptom screening & wear a mask
MEET – A greeter will meet you at the door
- Anyone entering will have temperature taken & hands sanitized
- Temps greater than 100.4 will be rescheduled
I’M DONE – Now What?
ESCORT – After the procedure, an assistant will escort you back to your car
SCHEDULING YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT – After reaching your car & before leaving the parking lot, call 217-356-9595 to schedule your next appointment
Our Orthodontist in Champaign & Mahomet, IL & Team Are Here for You!
We believe these steps will ensure the health of our valued patients and staff, so we can continue creating beautiful smiles that can last a lifetime! Please contact us at any of the numbers below with any questions or click here to schedule an appointment. You may also click here to schedule a virtual consultation.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about other topics related to orthodontics, feel free to contact Shafer Orthodontics by clicking here or by calling 217-356-9595.